Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wishes!

Last night was another successful grad night!! Attendance was down from 15,000 to 6,000 so the park was pretty empty. I was closing counter which means I was scheduled to be there until 4:30 am! wooof, but being the ninja I am, I closed counter in 30 min (not 1.5 hours) and was home and in bed at 4:45. Thank goshhh I have today off (some people were scheduled to work at 9 or 10 this morning after being there until 4) ohhhh Disney, you are secretly out to get us! Just Kidding, you're magical!! :) I am now sitting in the living room with my fabulous roomie Emily and we are singing along to the Wishes! soundtrack (which is the infamous fireworks show everynight in Magic Kingdom) that I bought a couple days ago. I know I'm going to miss seeing the fireworks every night once I go home so I am treasuring every moment already!

This past week was amazing because the park closed no later than 10! Which means I was out by at least 9:30 or 10 every night and I could hang out with my roomies when I got home! On Thursday night I went out with Emily and some of her coworkers and we went to Qdoba (the southern version of Chipotle!) and I got a bitchin', well overdue burrito...yummmm! Then we went to the Polynesian to watch Wishes! from the beach. You can see the castle off in the distance and the fireworks and magical at a distance and the music was playing in the background :)

On Friday Lindsday and I ventured to Downtown Disney and we both agreed that it is so visually pleasing and full of life, and that is one thing we're going to miss most about being here. Everything has so much attention to detail and theming. It was a treat to just walk around Downtown Disney, there are so many restaurants, shops, bakeries, clubs and more! We went to the movie theatre to see Water for Elephants which was AMAZING!! I forgot how much I love going to the movies and becoming immersed in a whole new world (no Disney reference intended :p)

A whole wave of CPs (college programers) are getting ready to leave at the end of May, which is sad! Many friends I've made here will be gone, only to be replaced by more CPs! There is a new girl at work from BYU named Jen who is so sweet and full of energy, I can tell we are going to be great friends! I also had a fabulous chat with my manager last night (who is the youngest manager at Magic Kingdom, she is 24) about how she became a manager and she told me all the ins of professional internships, the college program at DisneyLAND (which I'm not considering doing soon), and how to get noticed in the company. It was the first time I could visualize a career here at Disney and maybe come back here after college to do a profession internship, if I'm offered one. BUT those are just ideas for now!

And finally....CHECK OUT MY BROTHER'S BLOG!! He is having quite the experience in Alaska at the northernmost truck stop! His blog is very enjoyable to read due to his witty nature. :)
http://www.thelasttruckstop.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment