Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cause Baby You're a Firework!

So I just have to say last night was unbelievably fun :) Mostly because it was like nothing I have ever experienced before! It was grad night at Magic Kingdom, so high schoolers from all over Florida got to explore the park until 4am (luckily I got off at 1am, not 5am). The atmosphere was buzzing with energy and youthfulness, as opposed to the usual family vibe. The park closed to regular guests at 7pm, and opened to special grads with tickets from 8-10, then all the other grads from 10-4am. So we all had an hour to spare from 7-8, and the whole Pecos staff gathered in the lobby for a pep talk from our manager! Izzy, the manager gave a really positive speech which reminded me why I'm here and how much of a show we put on everyday and create magical moments for guests but celebrating their birthdays, anniversaries, engagements and much more depending on what pins they are wearing. After the meeting my friends Morgan and Laura (from New Zealand and Australia) went out the back entrance to Adventureland which was deserted in preparation for grad night and we explored and made our way back to Frontierland. The park was SOO different when it's empty. It is almost more magical because you can really see every detail and appreciate the archetecture plus so much more! We joked about buying out the park for a day and how amazing that would be! :)

We then got to the front of Pecos where all the other CPs (college programers) were, and instead of the corny Frontierland music playing there was a DJ that was playing all the hot songs now! It was such a great change of pace! So, being the crazy college kids we are, we all started a huge dance party out front waiting for the grads to come around the corner from liberty square. People didn't show up for a good 30 min so we entertained ourselves with dancing and conga lines and the like. When the first grads came we made a huge tunnel and screamed with excitement while we welcomed the grads! They got so into it and it was a great moment :) The rest of the night a bunch of us stayed out front and danced to the music, we dougied, jerked and snapped our fingers to Lil Jon! The grads always ate up our energy and most joined in on the dancing! Pecos wasn't busy at all which was nice and gave a lot of us the freedom to interact with the kids (on a side note there were tons of cute guys! but they were all jailbait unfortunately :( some of them looked like they could be in college though!)

I also got to chat a lot with my friend Morgan from New Zealand! I can't say enough how amazing this program has been for me, and a lot of it has to do with the people I've met from all over the world! To give you a taste I'll list the places my friends are from: USA (Washington, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Ohio, New York, Texas, plus more), Puerto Rico, Brazil, Thailand, Honduras, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand. Morgan is so funny, she makes fun of my California accent and how I say my Rs harder, like MiRANda...and she pronounces my name Mirinda...if that makes sense :) And also how I sound like a valley girl OMG! haha

Last but not least, I must discuss the AMAZING fireworks! They were at midnight and to some of the top songs and finally ended with Katy Perry's Firework :) There was all kinds of fireworks that took up the whole sky with hundreds of colors and shapes! My favorite was the heart! Best firework show I've seen since the ones in Washington DC on the 4th of July 10 years ago. I can't wait to see the firworks in Disney World on the 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment