Thursday, May 19, 2011

Passion!

Hello friends!! It sure has been a while but so much has happened! Many of the fun people who arrived here in january are leaving this week :( it's so weird to make friends with certain people, then have them leave and go back home (most likely to a far away state) these past couple days I am so happy that I am here for another 3 months! Of course I really truly wish I was home with my family, best friends and kitty. But for now, it is my time to explore and grow as a person and create memories that will last a lifetime and that I can learn from. Tonight I was with Morgan, my fellow Gamma Phi sister from San Diego State University, as it was her last night here!! :( We went to Magic Kingdom of course with her roommates (one of them I happened to work with at Pecos!) And as we watched the fireworks show Wishes, I got chills as I do everytime. My roommate Lindsay said it best in her blog. So please read this quote from her,,,,


"Everytime I see Wishes I get that incredible feeling, That one where you get chills up and down your spine, the good kind of chills. Where you feel like your inner child is beaming, and you really can stay young forever. When you feel like all your dreams and hopes and wishes built up inside really can come true if you believe with all of your heart and entire being. You remember growing up with all these amazing songs and stories that have made you laugh and made you cry that you hope to be able to make into your own fairy tale some day. And standing there under the breathtaking castle and brilliantly colored fireworks, surrounded by amazing friends and familiar music pulling on your heartstrings, I feel like I’ve never felt before. And that is the sole reason why I came here, and that is why I will stay and do as much as I possibly can to have the time of my life and fulfill my dreams, because “If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney

I couldn't have said it better!!! Now onto what I originally wanted to say in the post...I finally started classes this wednesday!! The class I am taking is called Marketing You, and it's exactly how it sounds. We are going to learn to how to sell ourselves in a professional interview and to find our dream career! Our teacher...Penny Hightower...is FABULOUS!! She reminds me of Oprah, but skinnier. Even though our class was 4 hours long, she made it fly by. Her charisma and ability to connect with each of us really was inspiring and I know I will be ready for the big scary real world after this class! The first activity we were given a blank piece of paper and were told to draw (yes she gave us crayons!) what our dream job was when we were little, then share with the class and say what our dream job was now. I drew myself as a princess and actress in Hollywood! (and of course I was so excited I spelled Hollywood wrong and my roommate Shaleen laughed her booty off at me, as would Shannon I know!). And my dream job now would either be to work for Disney, a teacher or even a nutritionist or life coach (yes that is a real job) :)

As of now, and as I mentioned in a previous post, I have a couple options for my future. I don't want to make any decisions now, but it feels amazing to have a couple ideas of what I could do and what my passions are. The word of the day in class was PASSION. As I thought about that I realized whatever I end up doing, I want to make sure I am passionate about it, or else life will become boring. It never hurts to live everyday with passion and find what makes you happy!

I have also started a personal blog with fun pictures and quotes (not quite of me or this journey) but just for fun :) the link is http://wishuponastar103.tumblr.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the follow on tumblr. I saw that you worked for the Disney College Program so I decided to take a look at your blogspot. I just finished my first year of college but I have been thinking about doing the CP for a while now. Looking at your blog and reading about how much you love it definitely makes me want to be part of it. I was just curious when you`ll be in Disney until. My family is vacationing in Florida, July 6-15th, part of which will be spent in WDW. I`m so excited :)

    Rachel(tyrannosaurusrach)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel!! I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to respond :( You should for sure do the CP program if you get the chance. It has been the best decision of my life, although hard work sometimes, I've met the most amazing people on my journey and had once in a lifetime experiences! I leave in August so I will be here when you and your family is here! feel free to visit me at Pecos in Frontierland anytime :D Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete