Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hello Fantasyland!

Hello friends! I'm so sorry I havent updated in a while, things were pretty much the same here and it's quite a lot of effort to blog. So I will treat you with a fun new update!

Every Wednesday my roomie and a couple friends have been going to Buffalo Wild Wings (B Dubs as we call it here) which is a restaurant/bar type place where you can do karaoke and dance and meet
 other CPs



My roomies Shaleen and Lindsay and our two friend Marnie and Sarah before going to B Dubs! It's been really fun to get dressed up because during the week all we do is work in our costumes then come home and change into sweats, not gonna lie.


Us at B Dubs in the karaoke room!


Sadly we had to say bye to the last batch of CPs that were already here when we arrived, which means there have been TONS of new CPs! It's weird being the veterans and showing all the newbies what to do at work. I secretly like it though :) The past couple weeks I have become very comfortable at Pecos and find ways to avoid working and instead use the time to have fun conversations with my coworkers (sorry Disney pretend you don't know this, I swear I have good work ethic). Because of this I have become very close with a couple of my coworkers! I even tried sweet tea for the first time with my friend Seth and Nathan and will forever think of them whenever I have sweet tea! We want to plan a reunion at Pecos when we're all married and have children haha that should be interesting!! I even invited my friend Morgan from New Zealand to my house for Thanksgiving (yes mom this is my way of telling you haha) and my friend Peter wants to meet in Disneyland next summer!

However though, Disney does this thing called 'deployment' where you are assigned to work a different location for a certain amount of time. So when I looked at my schedule last week instead of it saying Pecos, it said Pinocchios! I didn't even notice it until Peter pointed it out. So for 5 days this week I am in Fantasyland working at another quick service place called Pinocchio's Village Haus. First off the costumes is cuter and it's wayyy slower than Pecos so everyone is more calm and laid back. Also the coordinators are very nice as well as the managers, which makes for a more pleasant experience. I was SO nervous for my first day on Sunday, because I HATE change and crave routine. But I can tell I have changed a lot with the experience because it didn't really bother me that much, I just sucked it up and went in with a huge smile! Everyone I encountered was so helpful, because I am not trained in the ways of Pinocchios (they do things slightly different than at Pecos). People were going out of their way to make sure I knew what I was doing. I can't get over how nice people here are and open to conversation. It will be interesting to come back home and not be surround by Disney happiness. I miss my Pecos family a lot :( and next week I'll be at Tomorrowland Terrace. I have to wait until next Sunday to find out if I'm back at Pecos after that.



I love my Fantasyland costume!!


I have been here 2 months and 23 days already!! And only 1 month and 29 days until home. Can you believe that?! Time flies when you're having fun! I know I will miss EVERYTHING about being here so I am embracing literally every moment I have here. This has been the best decision of my entire life and made me a better and happier person! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment