Monday, March 28, 2011

Jungle Speed!

 Yesterday was a very very good day! I FINALLY  got to sleep in, which is a big deal because we have had to get up super early every day this week. Then around 11, my roomie Shaleen and I hoped on the bus and went to Disney University, but we stopped by the cast member discount store first! It was in a little warehouse behind the enormous cast parking lot. I have to say I was in Disney merchandise heaven!!! I bought I cute mickey mouse sweatshirt for $8 and a fabulous castle picture frame for $5! Both of these items were originally at least $20 each! I am for sure going back there as much as possible! Then we had training from 1-4:30 and we got ER (which means early released as I just learned yesterday).

When we got home we heard about Lindsay’s day because she is the only one of us to go through a full day a training on the job in her costume! She is working at Hollywood Studios at the Indiana Jones show…I’m not too sure what it is because I haven’t been there yet haha overall she said it was a really tiring day and there were many different jobs within the attraction to perfect. This upcoming week should be interesting because we all start training at our workplace, and we get to see what it really is like to work at WDW! We planned to go out to park tonight but we were having too much fun lounging around, talking and laughing that we ended up going on an adventure to find Chinese food!! Then our Puerto Rican roomie had her friends over who introduced us to this French game called jungle speed. It reminded me of Uno but there were shapes. So here we are…2 girls from Washington, 1 from Illinois, 1 from California, 2 girls and one guy from Puerto Rico bonding over this silly game. I never would have imagined myself in this situation but I think its wonderful how the college program unites people who never would have come together to have fun! It’s so great to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment