Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Straight to the Dome!

Yesterday was such a magical day! I know that may sound cheesy but I even ended my day getting pixie dust from cast members on Main Street! I got to sleep in and then I walked over to Patterson Court where Morgan lives. Here's a great story....So Morgan went to high school with my big, Ashley, and she is also a Gamma Phi at San Diego State! We befriended eachother on facebook and have kept in touch since I want to say October. She arrived here in January and is my go to girl if I need advice on anything. We ordered match GPhi Disney shirt to wear when we explored the parks, like that fine day yesterday. As soon as I got to her room I felt very welcomed and not out of place at all. That is one thing I've noticed since arriving, so many people are way more friendly and open to conversations with others. Her roommate Shelbi, Morgan and I then hopped in Shelbi's car and drove to the Disney Wedding Pavillion!! This was literally my dream come true, I want to get married here so badly it hurts! The setting was absolutely gorgeous and you could smell the fresh flowers!

Here Morgan and I are at the entrance to the stunning Wedding Pavillion!

This is the altar where all the vow exchanges happen, soo special! It is hard to tell in this picture, but in between our heads you can see Cinderella's Castle and the Grand Floridian at its finest! :)

Now, back to our day...After this we walked the grounds of the regale Grand Floridian and walked along the white sandy beach in the 80degree weather with huge smiles on our faces, saying "Oh mylanta" and "Oh my goodness!" at every turn. From there we drove to Hollywood Studios with the main goal of seeing Fantasmic. Our tummys were calling out for food so we stopped by the Primetime Cafe, which is 50's family themed so when your table is ready the servers call out "Bob it's dinner time come to the table!!". Super creative! We ended up sitting at the bar, which I was surprised because they were serving alcohol, but I didn't complain. I had THE BEST smoothie ever and vegetables and ravioli! Food coma for sure! I told Morgan how back in Santa Cruz we named our food babies after the American Girl dolls :) Another part of being in Florida is bringing a slice of Santa Cruz and sharing the fun stories from college and all the quirky things my friends and I do and say. Such as "rougghhhh" or even  saying "jaggggged" when a situation is that bad. I also learned "straight to the dome!" as Morgan says when someone gets hit in the face.

 Morgan, Shelbi and I at Hollywood Studios!


We walked all around the park and finally up to the Fantasmic Arena which was HUGE! I'm used to Disneyland where you sit on the sidewalk where you can, but no...everything is more epic here. The show was FANTASTIC!! Seeing all the characters on the boat at the end was so special and the whole thing reminded me why I love Disney. After that we drove to Magic Kingdom and ran to watch Wishes the firework show. Even from far down Main Street it was everything I ever dreamed!! I could watch that show every night of my life and never get bored. The way the music, lights, fireworks and overall magical setting worked together brought chills. Next time I plan on sitting right in front of the castle to get the full effect!

We ended a perfect day with a picture in front of the glorious caslte! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment