Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bacon Buddies!

So today was just one of those days that left me feeling very happy and lucky to be here!! I'm really starting to absolutely love it here and can feel every experience I have effect me in a positive way. I am really starting to accept Florida as my new home. This may sound all corny, but honestly it's so true! Pecos is now my second home and I love all the CPs (college programers) that work there, they really make it a fun place to be and understand all the frustrations of the job. For example today, we were over staffed so I was told to just help at counter....however, they didn't need any help. So I ran into Sabrina who was also given a random job of taking the bacon out of the packaging and putting it onto sheets. I ditched my counter job and started to help her! Next thing I know it's 2 hours later and we are done! We had the time of our lives doing that bacon, we were in the hallway so almost everyone who was working would stop by and chat with us and we just gossiped and exhanged stories, it was fabulous! We are now officially "Bacon Buddies" :)

Not going to lie, I was so concerned about making friends here because I am terrible with first impressions. Most people think I'm a shy girl with little personality. As all of you know I love to make people laugh and can be very crazy (in a good way i hope) at times. So finally having the freedom at Pecos to strike up conversations and bond with new people each day makes me feel so happy and accomplished! I also went outside to watch the 11 o'clock Electrical Parade with Sabrina, Emily and Meg and we chatted the whole time and bonded over our undying love for Aladdin and Flynn Rider from Tangled :) I also was lucky enough to stand on the front porch of Pecos and see the fireworks!! It was magical and I tear up everytime! I feel my attitude has become even more positive since I've been here which is something I am also very happy about! Most people say Disneyworld loses the magic and blah blah blah but NO that will never happen to me I can guarantee it!!

Not to mention the day started out wonderful! I got to spend time with my wonderful roomie Emily, which was fabulous because our schedules are usually opposite. She is such a great person and I am so happy I met her! We always have the best time and find anything and everything to laugh about.  Emily and I both got to sleep in then we drove to Publix to get groceries and on our way out we saw a kid with a Chatham ID (aka in the College Program) who was stuffing his groceries into a suitcase getting ready to walk all the way back! Which is about a 20 min walk in the heat and humidity.  So we decided to be good people and offer him a ride back! He was so thankful and it was just a happy moment :) you can never go wrong in doing a favor for someone! Speaking of that, to end my fabulously happy day my friend Meg offered to give me a ride home from work so I got home at 1:40 instead of 2:30ish like I usually do if I'm taking the bus.

Because of my late arrival date I get last priority when schedules come out so I always get closing shifts. So tonight I was assigned to close Topping Bar (which consists of spoiling the food, cleaning the stoves and counters, rinsing the ketchup/mustard/mayo pumps, cleaning all 4 hot cheese pumps, sweeping, wiping out the coolers plus a couple other random jobs) and Meg was assigned with me. However, Meg had never closed so I was basically in charged and showed her how to do everything. It felt awesome to be in charge and finally master all the tasks at Pecos. So much stress of mine is gone because I can do all the jobs on my own and not be a lost puppy who needs help with everything. I'm shifting from a rookie to a veteran. I love it!

 I still get really sad when thinking about my dear friends and family I left back in CA, but it helps to not dwell on the sadness and just know I will be back soon enough and I'm not forgotten about! As the saying goes..."Distance makes the heart grow fonder", which I fully believe. Some of my friendships have strengthened immensely and I know who I can't go a day without speaking too, while other have faded a bit which is expected but makes me sad nonetheless.

I hope whoever is reading this is having a great day and remember a smile goes a long way!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog bestie <3 it makes me so happy! Can't wait for July 31st!

    ReplyDelete