Thursday, April 7, 2011

High Four!

Today was a very fun day! I went into work at 2 and was assigned to dining room, so I wiped tables and helped seat guests which was fun because you get to see all the types of people and interact with the guests! It was almost 90 degrees today so I was def sweating, however I found where the AC vent was and I just happened to clean the tables directly under it many times hehehe Then I had to trek through the MK tunnels to a training room to complete the SIM (safety in motion) class, where we learned how to lift boxes correctly and other stuff because Disney wants us to not have back/wrist/shoulder problems! I sat with 2 other girls who worked at Pecos and we struck up an interesting conversation about roller coasters! I only tell you this because having random conversations with strangers is very common here because people are so friendly and nice! I'm definitely improving my small talk and first impression skills!

My favorite part of the day was being assigned Greeter out front, which means I stand on the porch of Pecos with a bell and a Mickey glove that looks like his hand and I smile, wave and welcome the guests! I also am the first person they go to for questions. oh lordy I was asked the same questions over and over...like "where's the nearest restroom?"...."Where can I find pizza/ice cream/frozen lemonade/chicken nuggets?",,,"Can you tell me about the different places to eat here?" (which I then launch into my spiel I've perfected about each restaurant, quick service and table service, in the entire park)...and my favorite statement..."Please tell me there is a place to buy beer around here". Which I sadly have to inform them that the Magic Kingdom does not sell alcohol! But greeter was so special because I got to look out into Frotierland for 2 hours with a nonstop smile and wave at each and every guest! Travis Barker from Blink 182 even walked by at one point! The little kids were just the cutest too!! I would ask for a 'high four' because the Mickey glove only has 4 fingers, soooo precious!

I though I got off at 10pm but I read my schedule wrong because Disney goes by military time, and I struggle sometimes and get the numbers confused! My schedule said 2000 which I mixed up thinking it was 10...but that actually means 8! But I can't complain so I went home early to hear about my roomie's days! Emily had her assessment today for the Great Movie Ride and Hollywood Studios and she has one of the hardest jobs on property I must say. I have never been on the ride but from what I hear it is this whole tour on a car thing that goes through rooms from distinct movies. She had pages of stuff to memorize and specific machinery, including the car to operate. In the end she passed her assessment and I am so proud of her!!!!!
She also has a blog going so here is the link to it if you're interested!!.... http://ebdoesdisney.blogspot.com/

I have Friday and Saturday off finally so I can't wait to explore the parks more!! That's all for now friends!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment