Monday, April 4, 2011

Money Manor $$$

Sooo as of today I have completed 2 full days of work, I quickly realized my 4 days of training was nothing compared to what I've done these past 2 days! On saturday I had my assessment which was scary because my trainer literally asked me 200 questions about everything I was taught the past 3 days and some of the things I was only told/showed once. Then one of the managers asked me even more questions but he was super nice and understanding and told me good info about the parks! Such as this is the last year for grad nights (thank gosh!! they go until 5am in the Magic Kingdom !) Also that Disney is getting rid of a lot of their special events because the attendance of normal people is so high they dont want to deny the general public, so no more park closures for special people!

I still can't get over the fact that I work in the happiest place in the world and being at work reminds me everyday! For example today I was getting people there food and 2 separate times these 2 dads didn't have enough hands to carry the trays of food so, as Disney taught me, I offered to help them and they were SO grateful! In Traditions we were taught that our main goal is "to create happiness" which is what my roommates and I say to eachother everyday jokingly as we head of to work! And it was honestly just really fun to realize I could make a whole family happy by doing one simple thing. My hours are usually 6pm-12am or even 7:30pm-1am some nights which I actually love because I can sleep in and hang out with my roomies during the day and enjoy the beautiful Florida sunshine! Yesterday Emily and I went to the beautiful Chatham pool and tanned. Well...I kinda burned because I failed at applying sunscreen so I now have a square of red on my left arm and hand prints on my thighs...whoops. Also people don't really do much at night and I quite enjoy the closing shifts because the hustle and bustle of the busy restaurant is over and you can go at your own pace when closing the counter/topping bar or dining room and you can focus on the guests more when it isn't busy.

Yesterday I started out behind the counter in the 'counter stocker' role which is basically where I make sure all the ice is filled in the drink machines, the cups/lids are stocked, the food in the fridge is stocked, the cakes and cookies are full and the little coolers are stocked with water and milk! I am sore from shoveling ice and lifting boxes! Overall a lot to remember but eventually you get the hang of it and automatically know where to go for new stuff. For the first 3 hours I was literally sweating and running around because everything runs out quickly at peak hours. Then I moved to filler at the counter where you take the food from the kitchen read the recipt and go to the right window and give the guest their food. It can get complicated if the guest decides to change their order last minute or they are down right rude and when it gets busy and the kitchen gets backed up that is rough! The guests just stand there and look impatient and there's nothing we can do about it! But other than that it is really fun to talk to the guest and hear where their from and stories from the day! I met a family from Scotland today and they were all just SO happy to be there! And I talked to numerous kids about their favorite rides and who their favorite princess is!

Today I worked a 10 hour shift which is unusually long but it went by SOO fast because we were freakin busy! I was counter filler for the first 5 hours which was exhausting but honestly I was constantly moving it only seemed like an hour! I also made more friends today, all the CPs (college programers) are friendly and super helpful! This girl Sabrina from Brazil helped me with counter stocking and answered all my questions and another girl named Sarah was super friendly Some of the people that work in the kitchen have big fat mickey shaped sticks up their butts!! They just have no patience or sympathy when it's busy and whatnot, but there's only 1 or 2 so it's not a big deal. I just brush it off, but can't help wondering why they bother to even be here if they're going to be debbie downers?? Why make someone feel bad if you could make them happy instead?!

Also, I have to say I am soooo lucky I LOVE my roomies!! There are 8 of us total which usually equals major disaster and drama...but not in 9104!! We nicknamed our apartment the money manor (I have no idea whyyy, I think it has to do with the fact that we live on Manor Ct. and we have no money haha) They are all really fun girls and we always have a blast when we hang out! We bond over random trips to Walmart, adventures to find Chinese food, bus rides back from Downtown Disney where we get stuck at Vista for an hour and of course the new A2. We laugh at everything and finding humor in life is very important! Laughing makes you live longer yay! Earlier tonight I struggled to make a hard boiled egg and it didnt cook so I called it a "rard boiled egg" which was a combination of Raw and Hard Boiled hahaha and my roomie Jaqui stepped in to help me try again! So nice!

But even after all the fun I'm having in Florida I miss everyone back home so much it hurts :(( I haven't gone a day with out talking to a handful of my friends and I usually talk to Ellen at least twice on the phone a day which makes me very happy!! But I would pay millions to have myself cloned so I could be in Santa Cruz with my SC family (you know who you are!) and Foster City with my family and Bestie! Especially because rush is this week so I wish I could be there with everyone recruiting girls! There is always next fall :) Everyone has been so great at keeping in touch which means the world to me and I hope it continues!!!

Deuces!!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment