Monday, April 11, 2011

Magical Memories ♥

These past couple days have been crazy fun! I really wanted to take advantage of my 2 days off and I was very successful :) However, I finally felt it click that I am here and this is going to be my life for the next 4 months! It is weird balancing 2 lives and trying to keep up with everything in Santa Cruz. I'm starting to feel comfortable here and develop routines and new friendships. I feel the shift between how I lived and felt in Santa Cruz and how I'm adjusting to my new life here. This makes me sad because I don't want to leave behind everything in Santa Cruz even though I hear about everything that is happening and I'm not there to experience it :( I miss my best friends so much that it hurts, and sometimes talking to them makes me miss them more! I would pay big bucks to have myself cloned so I could be in CA as well as here!! But on a happy note I am absolutely loving it here despite missing everyone and there are so many opportunities to have fun and explore all that is here!!

In order to make this more interesting to read I will highlight some of the best moments these past couple days:

♥ I am so lucky to be able to see the Main Street Electrical Parade outside Pecos EVERY night I'm working in the dining room. The last parade is at 11, and at that point we're usually waiting for the guests to leave so we can start closing the dining room, so a couple of us head outside and just watch! Last night my coworker Bryan and I stood along the fence and watched. A couple of the characters weren't on their A game but it was still entertaining. Mickey even looked directly at my and pretended to write down his phone number then blew me a kiss!! SO precious! Def made my night hahaha


♥ On Saturday my friend Marnie invited me to one of the waterparks because we still get in for free up until June, so we went to Typhoon Lagoon and had a very relaxing first part of the day! The lazy river was out best friend haha I haven't been to a waterpark since middle school, so it for sure brought back many Bowditch Middle School memories :) There were so many families from England it was exciting to hear their accents!

♥ Then we attempted to look our best after being at the waterpark for a couple hours and hopped on a bus to the Swan and Dolphin Resort to take a boat to Epcot! I was impressed by the Resort, it was gorgeous!!! There was even a wedding going on (hmmm I'm taking note for the future hehe) and then we got on a watertaxi like boat that they have in Paris and went by the Boardwalk Hotel (which looked like its own city, I was blown away!) and finally arrived at Epcot! I am obssessed with Epcot, being a world traveler (thanks to my amazing parents) I could relate with most of the countries and Disney has a deal with each country (there was Canada, UK, France, Morrocco, Japan, Italy, Germany, China, Mexico and Norway) that the people that work there are ACTUALLY from that country! So the cute German man that sold us our amazing pretzels had a fun accent! I also got a phenomenal rice krispie treat with chocolate an carmel from the German bakery! Oh and THE BEST guacamole from Mexico :)
                                              Marnie and I at Epcot!!



♥ Then we left the countries and went to Future World! Marnie's friend Jordan works at Mission Space so he took us through VIP cast member only doors to the control room where we met the other CPs running the ride and we were treated like VIPs! The line for the actual ride goes right by the control room and all the guests were looking in probably thinking who the heck were we?! It was great. The ride Mission to Space was EPIC! There are 4 people in a compartment and it literally is like we were in a rocket on our way to Mars! We also went on Test Track and the Finding Nemo ride! So cute! It was one of my favorite days here and made me realize how lucky I am to have this experience.
                                           VIP status with Jordan!



♥ Yesterday my roomies Lindsay and Shaleen went to the Orlando Magic game! Lindsay's dad had bought the tickets before and we were 4th row club level! I love basketball so it was really fun! We even bought matching shirts :) Yet again, I can't get over how amazing my roommates are!


♥ When I got home from my long day at Typhoon Lagoon and Epcot, my roomies had a guy named Alex over, who Emily met on the bus. He plays the Beast, Sully and Goofy! So fun! He is from Russia and probably though we were crazy because we all were in a weird mood and acting like our crazy fun selves haha He had a fever though so Emily ended up driving him to Walgreens to get meds and we frolicked around Walgreens waiting for him, and he ended up buying us candy for being so nice and driving him! (he was going to walk!) Then Alex, Emily and I did laundry and Alex fell asleep on our couch for about 30 min...super sketch haha But he is hilarious and he left for a trip to DisneyLAND today, so we won't see him for a week a two. It's fun making new friends!  


Next week is the week before Easter and then the next week we have Grad nights.......SOOO I have to work 50 hours for next week and probably more the week after! I'm going to be uber busy/tired! One of my roomies has a 60 hour week!! So some of the fun and games will be put on hold unfortunately. It's easy to forget we aren't here to just play in the parks haha At least I will be making $$$$

 

No comments:

Post a Comment