Friday, April 15, 2011

The Kitchen Sink!

Hi there!
So work was very slow this week because the parks were empty! Although Christina Aguilera, Michael Buble, Courtney Cox and David Arquette visited the parks! I didn't see them but Christina rode the ride my roomie works on so she saw her! I had Thursday and today off, and I decided to take it easy these days because I've constantly been out and about going to all the parks and resorts I needed a break and to prepare for my mandatory overtime work week next week :o

Thursday Shay and I went on an adventure to the Boardwalk hotel but it didn't last long because it was sooo hot and humid and I was getting a migrane, so we returned home and some advil and yummy lunch cured me! Emily was at the parks with her friend from home who plays the white rabbit and different dwarves in the electrical parade and we quizzed her about character auditions which was super interesting! We learned there were certain categories they put you in depending on your height. So...there is Mouse height which is people who are around 5'2 and under i believe. Then there's Munk height (chipmunk), then Pooh height, and Puppy height (like Pluto). She said I would be puppy height! So now my goal is to play Pluto which I was discussing on the phone with my friend Cassie :) Maybe I'll try out for character auditions at Disneyland in a few years! Emily's friend also told us about princess auditions, and for one of the rounds they literally stare at your face for 20 min! Awkward haha

Today I hung out with Morgan and another fellow Gamma Phi from SDSU, which cheered me up! I've been missing my best friends from santa cruz a lot especially because I would literally spend 24 hours a day with them, specifically Ellen and it's just SO weird to not have that rock in my life! (even though we talk on the phone everyday, it still doesn't make up for the fact that she's here). Morgan took us to Chick-Fil-A which is a fast food place that basically only sells chicken, which was difficult for me because I've been a vegetarian for Lent, and I probably will continue because I like it so much. But anyways I also finally watched Tangled which was a PHENOMENAL movie and I recommend it to EVERYONE!! Rapunzel is a big deal here at the parks and she really sells! Also her prince Flynn is such a cutie!!! He is the only prince here who does not look gay!

To end this post I want to include this video of a dish called 'The Kitchen Sink' which they sell at Beaches and Cream at the Yacht Club. My roomies and I are determined to get this before we leave (in fact we almost did tonight, but opted for Chinese food instead). It is 8 scoops of ice cream, with a WHOLE CAN of whipped cream, every topping possible and finally topped with not just one cherry but a huge handful! PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO! So epic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDwczHMhJFs

PS....I just wanted to thank Maria and Carolyn for sending me mail! It is always so exciting to get mail here and it means a lot to me to know they are thinking about me! :) It can get lonely out here on the east coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment