Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just Dance!

Hello Everyone!! So within the past 6 days I have so many stories to tell! I may write 2 new posts so I dont bore my readers with tons of writing. First off, I am having a wonderful time here!! I encounter new people and experiences everyday that can only happen here in Disney World. My job is not ideal, but I am definitely making the most of it, and the people at Pecos make it so fun sometimes! Sometimes I honestly feel like Cinderella sweeping the floor and washing the counters, but I take that situation and have some fun with it, instead of complain and hate life like some people I've met, Staying positive and happy and key here and you can never go wrong with a smile :)

Here are some things that stood out to me in the past couple of days...

♥ I have been lucky enough to be put on Greeter 1 three times (You stand out front the main door and welcome people to Pecos). I wrote about it before and how I had the Mickey hand and giving high fours! In this past week I was given a horse puppet we have and had to improvise and talk to kids with it. It was so embarrassing at first, but after a couple minutes I just said what the heck and went all out! It was way more fun when I was giving it my all, I even had a full on game of peek-a-boo with a little boy and another girl just wanted little kisses from the horse. So cute!! Then yesterday, I was out there with PJ (one of my super fun coworkers) and we decided to create an arch with our arms when people walk in and shout woooooooooooo! Like they got their own special entrance! All the guests LOVED it and some even kept coming back. Just another reason why I love my job and help create magical moments. I was even asked to be in a picture with a family haha


♥ The crowd in Pecos dies down after 9 o'clock and about an hour before closing (either 11 or 12) it usually just turns into a Pecos party and we try to find way to entertain ourselves. The other night a couple of us from behind counter went out into the lobby and did the hokey pokey! So great :) 

♥ One of the highlights of my life I would have to say is seeing LADY GAGA in Fantasyland. My roommate Shay and I didn't work until 7:30 on Saturday so we were just at our apt waiting to go to work, when our other roomie Kim told us Lady Gaga was in Magic Kingdom! So Shay and I scramble and decided to go play in the park before work and try to find her. Neither of us actually thought it would happen, but who knows?! So Shay just got food and we are walking in fantasyland and I really want to go on the Peter Pan ride, but Shay wants to finish her food first so we plop down on a bench right outside. Then, we see a kid race by us and go tell something to his family, and we assume he just saw Lady Gaga!! So we run in that direction and we see the mob of people (mostly big burly men who are surrounding her) then I see her platinum blonde hair and she is holding a princess balloon (everytime i see that balloon in the park now I think of her!). And she literally walks right by me, I probably could have reached out and tried to talk to her but her guards probably would have kicked my butt! hahaha She then went into Peter Pan, the ride I WANTED to go on! :) I was so excited after that I was shaking and immediately called Ellen who is her biggest fan by far! Hopefully I'll see more celebrities. So far I've heard of Cameron Diaz, Brad and Angelina, Vanessa Hudgens, Travis Barker (who I saw) and a couple others in the parks recently!
 


♥ Yesterday I was on break hanging out in the back listening to conversations around me and then 2 men from the Jamaica who work in the kitchen sat down and started sharing stories! They were talking about how in Jamaica if you have real dreads you can claim a woman and call her your "Empress" and everyone will know she's yours, and you can also call women your "African Queen" if you are a man. I could tell it was a male dominated society. Another girl from Barbados chimed in and said how her best friends dad is a big drug dealer, so when they go out if they hear gun shots they're not afraid because they are with a very important man. So scary! But it's amazing to hear other people's stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment