Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pecos Party!

Hello world! So yesterday marked 2 weeks until I have been in Florida, and I must say it feels like 2 months! These past couple days have been really fun because I dont go into work until around 5 or 6 so I've been hanging out with at least one of my roomies in the daytime and going to the pool/grocery shopping. Also I'm starting to feel comfortable at Pecos and become friends with the other CPs :)

Over the past couple days I have done filler (handing the guests their food and making sure they get everything the ordered) A LOT, so I'm getting pretty good at that haha and yesterday I was stationed in the lobby sweeping and wiping tables outside which was actually really fun because you get maximum interaction with the guests and they ask entertaining questions and I get the SAME questions asked over and over. Such as ..."Where can I get pizza around here?"..."Where are the napkins? I've looked everwhere!" (and to their surprise they are standing right in front of them). But I've perfected my answers to the those questions.

I also have closed the dining room 2 nights in a row which is pretty easy. We just wait for all the guests to leave and wipe the tables, organize the chairs and clean the trash cans (which isn't as gross as it sounds). The BEST part about this is, while we're waiting for the last guests to leave the 11pm Electrical Parade goes right by Pecos, so we stand outside and are literally 6 feet away from the parade!! I got to experience this for the first time on Tuesday and it was one of my favorite moments of the program so far :)

Also, last night I was talking to 3 other CPs Peter, Nathan and Kristin while we were closing and waiting to clock out and then they were nice enough to offer me a ride home! This was a real treat because the buses take FOREVER. I absolutely love how nice the CPs are and it makes me life so much easier, plus it's amazing to talk to people from all over the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment